Scope and policy
“Educação em Revista” is an open access electronic journal, with continuous publication, that aims to disseminate the unpublished and relevant scientific production developed in the area of Education. The manuscripts can be presented in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
The magazine is organized in five sections:
- Articles: It brings together unpublished manuscripts that present results of empirical or theoretical research or systematic and integrative critical review of scientific and academic production in the area.
- Reviews: Gathers manuscripts that present critical reading of works relevant to the educational area that have been published in the last 2 years.
- Open Word: Gathers opinion articles on current topics of repercussion in the educational area.
- Interviews: It brings together unpublished interviews that present relevant contributions to the educational field.
- Dossier: Gathers a set of articles that deal with a specific theme, based on a proposal received from the academic community or by a call made by the editors.
“Educação em Revista” emphasizes the originality of the submitted manuscripts, their importance to the researchers in the area of Education, the theoretical-methodological rigor, the quality and the relevance of the evidences that support the argument developed by the authors.
The manuscripts submitted in “Educação em Revista” are previously evaluated by the Editorial Board. Those who meet the editorial criteria are referred for double-blind peer review. The evaluators should have the title of doctor and belong to a national or international scientific institution. The names of the authors, the referees and the institutions to which they belong will remain confidential throughout the process. The magazine will annually publish the names of its body of ad hoc referees.
Manuscripts that are outside the publication’s editorial criteria are returned to the authors. In this group are texts that are not original; do not address a central problem of the educational area; are merely descriptive, without developing a theoretical and methodological analysis of the question addressed; are reports of experience; do not present relevant contributions to the analysis of the subject matter; do not have sufficiently developed empirical evidence or arguments to substantiate their analysis and conclusions.
The Editorial Board may publish an article produced by invitation, with the intention of contributing to some more pressing debate in the area. This article will only be evaluated by the Editorial Board.
Guidelines for Authors
All authors of the manuscript should be named and bound to the article exclusively in the field indicated in the submission system. This ensures that the article is related to the authors only through this system.
Papers published in conference proceedings may be accepted as long as the manuscript is modified to offer a significant proportion of unpublished elements that justify a new publication.
The concepts and opinions expressed in the manuscript, as well as the accuracy and origin of the citations, are the sole responsibility of the authors.
In the case of a dossier, check the editorial standards specific to this type of publication.
Editorial Guidelines for Submission – General
As part of the submission process, authors are required to verify compliance of the submission with respect to all items listed below. Submissions that do not conform to the standards will be returned to the authors.
- The manuscript should be addressed to one of the sections: Article, Review, Open Word, Interview or Dossier and must be submitted exclusively in the .doc format by the online system made available by SciELO. http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=0102-4698&lng=en&nrm=iso
- It is required, for submission, that at least one of the authors have the title of doctor.
- The manuscript must be unpublished and relevant to the area, and its simultaneous submission to another national or international publication is not allowed.
- There will be an interval of two years between the publication of texts written by the same author and the beginning of a new submission process. Each author may only have one manuscript under review, from the beginning of the submission to the final publication.
- The manuscript should follow the standards of the Brazilian Association of Technical Norms (ABNT) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- In all cases, the title must have a maximum of 20 words in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
- The manuscript should not exceed the number of words indicated below:
- Article: Must be between 6,000 and 12,000 words.
- Review: Must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words;
- Open Word: Must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words;
- Interview: Must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
- Only for article submission and open word:
Submit summary containing between 150 and 250 words in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Followed by a minimum of three and a maximum of five keywords that must be in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
- Margins: 3cm upper and left, 2cm lower and right;
- Source: Garamond (black color);
- Body text font size: 12 pts; 10-point font size for long quotations; footnotes; Subtitles; pagination;
- Line spacing 1.5 for all body text and 1.0 (simple) for direct quotes (more than 3 lines); footnotes; captions of special elements (graphics, figures, tables and tables); bibliographic references;
- First-line indentation of paragraphs: 2 cm.
- Tables, charts, graphs, maps and other visual resources should be submitted in shades of gray. They should also be presented in the text flow and with full caption. Images should be scanned at 300 dpi in TIFF or JPG format.
- To meet the submission requirements, download the document FOLHA DE ROSTO – http://educacaoemrevistaufmg.com.br/filha-de-rosto/ – fill in the fields indicated and save it to your computer. The file “FOLHA DE ROSTO” is another comment as “OUTROS” at the time of submission of the full article.
- It is essential to inform ORCID of the authors for publication in Educação em Revista, as well as the completion of all required fields on the cover page.
- The manuscript may not contain author identification in any part of the text, either in footnotes, bibliographic references or document ownership.
- Papers published in conference proceedings may be accepted if the manuscript is modified to provide a significant proportion of unprecedented elements that justify a new publication.
- The publication of an article that brings results of research involving human beings and carried out in Brazil must contain the authorization of the Committee of Ethics in Research (Coep). Articles of foreign authors must follow the ethical norms of their country of origin.
- The author must state, in the text: the corresponding research funding institution, when applicable; institution to which it is attached; institutions that participated in the development of the research.
- Concepts and opinions expressed in the manuscript, such as the citations of accuracy and origin, are the sole responsibility of the author.
- All authors of the manuscript must be named and attached to the article exclusively in the field indicated in the submission system. This ensures that the article is related to the authors only through the system.
EDITORIAL RULES ONLY FOR SUBMISSION OF DOSSIERS
- Proposals for the thematic dossier may be presented at the initiative of the Editorial Board, which shall issue a specific notice containing the norms for its elaboration, or may be presented at the initiative of the academic community, according to the norms specified below.
- The dossier proposals should be sent by e-mail (email@example.com) to the Editorial Board, which has the role of analyzing them according to the scope and policy of the publication and approving them or not.
- Proposals whose issues have already been published in other issues of the publication in the last five years, unless justified by theory or otherwise, will not be accepted by the Editorial Board.
- The proposal must contain at least 6 and at most 8 articles from researchers linked to different brazilian and international institutions. At least 2 of these articles must necessarily be from non-brazilian authors.
- The dossier proposals, in the form of text, should be sent by the organizer (s) of the dossier, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to the publication’s editor and must contain the following information:
- Title of the proposed dossier.
- Name and short resume of the the dossier organizer(s).
- Summary and brief justification on the theme of choice.
- Structure of the dossier, containing:
- List with titles and summaries of articles that will compose the dossier. The summaries should contain: presentation of the problem, research procedures, main results and main references.
- Name and summary curriculum of the authors of the articles that will compose the dossier.
- The deadline for the analysis of a dossier proposal is two months, at the end of which the organizers will receive an email informing the result.
- Criteria for the evaluation of proposals will be:
- Adequacy to the editorial policy of “Educação em Revista”, especially in relation to its contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the educational field.
- Relevance and originality of the articles in relation to the themes addressed in other educational publications in Brazil.
- Clarity, coherence and organicity of the articles in relation to the proposal as a thematic unit.
- Institutional and regional coverage of authors.
- Insertion of the authors in relation to the themes of their articles, as well as in relation to the general theme of the dossier.
- If the proposal is approved, the authors must submit the articles that will compose the dossier through the publication’s submission system, indicating the session – Dossier – for publication (http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/edur / login), according to the deadlines set by the Editorial Board.
- The dossier may submit manuscripts only for the articles section.
- The manuscripts that compose the dossier must comply with the same editorial norms for submission than the ones sent through continuous demand.
- After submission, the manuscripts will be evaluated by the Editorial Board according to the same rules and procedures adopted by the publication for articles of continuous demand.
- After this stage, the articles will also be evaluated by external reviewers appointed by the Editorial Board of Education in Review.
- Denied articles can not be resubmitted, even if in another version.
- The Editorial Board may request changes and / or exclusions of articles from the dossier.
- The organizers should accompany the editorial production of the dossier during all stages, acting as intermediaries between the editors and the authors of the articles to solve issues related to the review suggested by the external opinions, the revision of language and bibliographic normalization, its edition and other demands that may arise related to the production of the dossier.
- Organizers should maintain confidentiality throughout the peer review process, in accordance with blind evaluation rules of the publication, as well as ensuring that deadlines are met during the evaluation and editing process.
- The organizers will be in charge of preparing a text of presentation of the dossier that will compose the editorial of the number.
- The organizers are expected to produce a short social networking text for the dossier.
- The organizers and authors will not be remunerated by the magazine.
All contents of the publication, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons license of type BY attribution.
The names and addresses informed in this publication will be used exclusively for the services provided by this publication and are not available for other purposes or to third parties.